Monday, July 9, 2012

Homeward bound.


Picture of the Niagara Falls from the bridge into Canada.

We are on our final day of driving as we return from our Pre-Field Training (PFO) and I have a moment to reflect.  PFO was held on the campus of Houghton College in NY.  We were in training for two weeks and they had us going for the entire two weeks save the Sunday afternoon between the weeks.  We took a group trip to Niagara Falls for a much needed get away.  Niagara Falls was on my personal bucket list and I was glad to get the opportunity to visit such a historic landmark.  For those that haven’t been it is worth the trip, an amazing example of the beauty God created in our world.

I have been asked a number of times what is PFO?  I will post on the content of PFO separately in the next blog.  The PFO program is under the direction of The Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).  The leader in charge of the program is Dr. Dan Egeler.  Occasionally in life you run into a humble follower of Christ that gets it.  I mean really gets it, Dan Egeler is one of those people.  He spoke a number of times during the two weeks, Ada and I learned a lot.  Thanks Dan, perhaps the next time you’re in Vienna we can go to dinner.


PFO Team Vienna.

The most notable aspect of PFO next to the content of the lectures is the community formed during the training.  Ada and I met lifelong friends during the two weeks.  People that are like minded that you know as soon as you meet them you like them and relate to them.  I am as thankful for this blessing as any other at PFO. 

Thanks to all who have helped us so far in making it to the mission field.  My understanding of how active God is in the world has gone up tenfold.  There are many Christian schools all over the word investing in lives of young people for eternity.  I will end by quoting a Chinese proverb related to these schools:

If you are planting for a year, plant grain.
If you are planting for a decade, plant trees.
If you are planting for a century, plant people.

Billy(Bill)

1 comment:

  1. I love the Chinese proverb! Welcome home! Blessings to you all as you continue your adventure with God!

    ReplyDelete